Re: [tlug] Quick update on the OpenOffice 1.1 issue

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 10:01:58AM -0400, Scott wrote:
> I installed OpenOffice 1.1 on Gentoo last night. (note that if you don't
> specify 1.1 it will still install 1.0) and there, everything worked
> without problem--that is shft+space produced an input box and I was able
> to input Japanese without problem.  I have cjk flags set in USE and also
> emerged the substitute kochi fonts.
>
> Everything worked without trouble.

And now, it becomes more interesting.  I also installed it on the
ArchLinux version I have here, and once again, everything worked without
problem.  Not sure what the problem is on the ArchLinux install I have
at work, but I'm suspecting it's some sort of stupid user error.

FWIW on the installation where it works I call it this way

#!/bin/bash
XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput2" LANGUAGE=C LC_CTYPE=ja_JP ${1+"$@"} &

save the below as a script called langx and just type (from the ~
directory

langx OpenOffice-1(whatever--in a different install right now)/soffice

So, again, not sure what went wrong on the other installation but in
general, it seems to be working, on both Gentoo and Arch.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: I told one lie... I had one drink...
Giles: Yes. And you were very nearly devoured by a giant demon
snake. The words, 'Let that be a lesson' are a tad redundant at
this juncture.