Re: [tlug] Open office 1.1.0 kanji input trouble

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 08:17:52 +0900
Shawn <javajunkie@example.com> wrote:

> Everytime I enter hiragana and press space twice to get the box with all my
> selections of kanji, input fails and then the crash if I try to open a new
> document and input japanese there.
>
> Just wondering if over the spot, or on the spot or stuff like that made a
> difference or if it was maybe the tinkering I did to adjust where the box

Using Debian unstable and OO 1.0.99+1.1rc3, I see the same selection
problem that you mention. I also noted something like that when
using other apps, including sylpheed.
However, the box appears in a reasonable location, and I haven't
seen any crashing. When using RH in the past, I noticed the box-off-the-screen problem you mentioned - in OO and also other
apps (maybe gedit was one of them); perhaps it has something to
do with a default setup that RH creates.

I deal with these input problem by cursing lightly when I see
them, and by using yudit when writing any lengthy texts in Japanese.

--
Tony Laszlo
http://www.issho.org/LaszloBlog