[tlug] korean engdic

[sorry I lost the original message]

David,

I looked at your "engdic problem". Here is a perl script I hacked together
in a couple minutes that will to the same thing as your c program.

Basically gjiten was designed to parse edict files, and engdic is pretty
much incompatible unless you throw away half the content.
Edict format is like this:
 japanese /english1/english2/
On the other hand, engdic is korean->english. While you can do the reverse
conversion, you will end up with something where the lines don't start
with korean, eg. the english explanation is the first field. This can
contain spaces, hence the segfault. Gjiten expects this to be kanji and/or
kana. In the attached perl script I discard such input and gjiten seems to
work okay.

Another problem is when you end up with lines like this:
=SYNONYM word
This can be translated with a couple more lines of perl code, though.

--
B0Ti.