Re: [tlug] Verislime

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Godwin Stewart wrote:

> From NANAE this morning:
>
> Peitiononline exists for the sole purpose of harvesting email addresses.
>
> Create a fresh new address/alias, and post it there.  Wait a while, and
> you'll be getting more pill/penis/porno spam than you can delete in a
> lifetime.

Wow, this is surprising, considering the number of anti-spam petitions
they have hosted.

Then again, nothing is surprising on the net these days.

I googled for corroborating evidence of email address harvesting at
petitiononline and I couldn't find any other people complaining.  Has
anyone else heard bad things about them?

They certainly appear to be making an effort to prevent email harvesting
by others.
--
Tod McQuillin