Re: [tlug] BSDs

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 02:16:46PM +0900, Blomberg David wrote:

> Wow thanks for the bit about BSD-but I have to say Linux is here for the
> long haul-Eventually (and probably long after my retirement PC/Servers
> will be relegated to server room only and desktops will be like a PDA or
> thin client, but I have a hard time swallowing Unix/Linux dying anytime
> soon.

I know, but that's what they said about VMS not too long ago.
Linux over time will be less effective as an enabling technology.
There will be something to replace it. Currently, I can control
my network via a PDA. Linux didn't do that for me. Plan9 did.
I don't believe plan9 to be Linux replacement, but it does
show me that Linux can be easily replaced and more simply
replaced.

-- Uva