[tlug] Re: BSD [was Redhat]

Quoth Jonathan Byrne <jq@example.com>:

> On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 08:36:59AM +0900, Blomberg David wrote:
>
>> I mean if they no longer fund FreeBSD (the US military
>> stopped funding during Iraq invasion)
>
> I didn't know they even were funding FreeBSD, [...]

They were not. The Department of Defence's DARPA wing (the same
group that funded the development of DARPANET, which became
ARPANET, which became the Internet) was funding development of
*Open*BSD, but withdrew their funding after (surprise surprise)
Theo ran his mouth about how he and the OpenBSD project team
were against the war in Iraq.

-Josh