Re: [tlug] Redhat

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 12:00:29PM -0700, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 09:11:28AM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
>
> >iffy, it's not good, but. Usually it opens flawlessly, and when closed,
> >seems to close smoothly, however, I do frequently see (after leaving X)
> >that there was a dump.
>
> OK, so you seem to be qualifying coring as a smooth close.  I think
> you're spending too much time around Windows machines at work :-)

You mean the 98 SE boxes, that only shut down when you pull out the
plug?   :)

Seriously, what I meant (sorry, distracted here today and not being very
clear) is an apparently smooth close--that is, it closes and I don't see
any error messages, it just seems as if it's closing normally. I only
see the error messages when I get out of X.

--

Scott

GPG KeyID EB3467D6
( 1B848 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6)

Xander: Oh. Okay. You and Willow go do the superpower thing, I'll
stay behind and putt around the Batcave with crusty old Alfred
here.
Giles: Ah-ah, no. I am no Alfred, sir. No, you forget. Alfred had
a job.