Re: [tlug] Redhat

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 11:05:48PM +0200, David Oftedal wrote:

> >And actually, though I have Arch on a box, it's more for play and to
> >keep my hand in at Linux.  My workstation and various servers I set up
> >are doing FreeBSD.
> >

> Anyone who likes FreeBSD and Linux might be interested in trying Gentoo
> too, though. It's Japanese support isn't that bad either, and once you
> get all those pesky truetype fonts working it even looks pretty.

Heh--actually, it was Jack Morgan, probably a year and a half ago who
first turned me onto Gentoo, while it was still obscure.

Japanese support is excellent actually--and I never had any trouble with
the truetype fonts--Stu Bouyer (you still here?) did a package for kochi
fonts that worked OOTB without effort.

--

Scott

GPG KeyID EB3467D6
( 1B848 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6)

Xander: Dinner is served. And my very own recipe.
Willow: Ooh, you pushed the button on the microwave that says
'popcorn'?
Xander: Actually, I pushed 'defrost', but Joyce was there in the
clinch.