Re: [tlug] Redhat

What is so bad about RedHat?  I've only been using
RedHat for abour 3 years at home, and just this year
switched my work computer from windows 2000 to Redhat
9.  I am the only employee that I know of at my
company (+1000) that has done so and am certain that
if the IT department knew what I had done they would
demand that I switch my work computer back to windows.
 That aside, I have been learning the linux OS and its
MANY benefits over micro$oft.  My opinion is one-sided
since I haven't used any other linux distribution, but
as an OS to learn linux I have not had any complaints.

Nonetheless, all this talk about RedHat makes them
sound like they are to linux what micro$oft is to the
software industry.  Why?  What are the major
complaints about RH?

Are other distributions easier to work with?  Are they
easier to configure?  Are they less bug-ridden?  If
so, what are they as I would like to give them a try.

Thx,

Matt