RE: [tlug] Server Disposal

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Saito [mailto:daniel@example.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 3:06 PM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: Re: [tlug] Server Disposal

>Hmm, usually with 4 computers running, you already have a portable heater
>for the winters.. its the summer that you would have to worry about (keeping
>it cool).

>-d

See actually I was joking about needing another heater in my house.  I really want the machine so I could make a firewall server or a mail server out of it, but as you know they make a lot heat and make noise and use electricity.  that is my biggest reason not to pick up another machine.

I have this delema,  I hate working on laptops cause they aren't as easy to equip or change parts on, the two I have also make a lot of heat. I prefer working on towers but towers take up so much space.

I have been dreaming about a small blade server (like I don't know of one small enough), or buying mini rackmounts that I could attach under my desk or against the wall.  My friend several years ago was selling wisper quite machines that made almost no heat and no noise but I think they where expensive and the trend didn't catch on.

-- I must admit my Zaurus is dead quite accept when I drop it and then ... well that is me making all the noise.

James