[tlug] [OT] Boulder Pledge (was: Super long compile times)

And Thus Spake Jonathan Byrne <jq@example.com> (on Tue, 26 Aug 2003
03:14:09 -0700):

> Thanks for more reasons to despise Mandrake :-)

Did you need any more? :)

> >Now look do a google search on the "Boulder Pledge". I took that pledge a
> >while back.
>
> I like it.  I think many of us already hold to what is set forth
> in the Boulder Pledge.

Techies maybe, but you'd be surprised how un-boulder-pledge-like your
average Joe Sixpack netizen is.

Spammers *do* earn at least some money out of peddling their dick and boob
enlargers (yep, I've had both from the same source on the same spam-run.
Just imagine it, Dolly Parton hung like a horse...) and their advance-fee
frauds or they wouldn't do it. This therefore means that there *are* people
out there in sufficient numbers actually buying into this crap. Euthanasia
should be universally allowed because it would help clean up the net and
chlorinate the gene pool.

I think I've educated my friends enough for them not to forward chain
letters and hoax virus warnings any more, but I still get the occasional
idiot sending me something like that. Needless to say, they ought to be
wearing fireproof underwear when they read my reply, which usually goes
along the lines of "Wasn't the jdbgmgr.exe teddy bear icon hoax you fell
for enough? I thought the expression was 'once bitten twice shy', not
'1000 times bitten 1001 times bitten again'."

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0)