[tlug] Re: What to do when a hard disk goes during the rainy season

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Tony Laszlo wrote:

> Recently set up Debian on a box again, and managed to
> get some Japanese localization happening. The following
> page is among the better ones out there, so I thought I
> would send it along to folks here. If all you need is
> to get Japanese going, try following along with these
> directions:
> http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA023018/setting.htm
> (lang=ja)

moved to Debian unstable and gnome2.2.
switched euc-jp (above) to utf-8, and
pretty much everything is working fine.
just have to be sure that you download
and install all the fonts. Lean and mean
Debian packs fewer of those by default,
compared to RH, I think.

Tony Laszlo
http://www.issho.org/LaszloBlog