Re: [tlug] multicd recorder for ISO 9660

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 10:05:47PM +0900, A. Sajjad Zaidi wrote:

>gui based writers work pretty well, but I still prefer mkisofs+cdrecord,

Umm, multicd is a backup-to-cd program that burns a backup set of
multiple ext2 cdroms.

>I don't think ext2 can be usedas a CD/DVD fs.

Sure it can, and if you don't much care if your cdroms are readable on
anything other than a Linux system, there's no particular reason not
to do it that way.  The fact that he's looking for a solution that uses
ISO9660 rather than ext2 leads me to believe that he must care about
reading the backups on non-Linux systems.

Jonathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9