Re: [tlug] gpg AKA ant

> I'm totally unfamiliar with ant, what is it?

basically a make replacement used heavily in open source projects.  I do
midp builds (keitai java apps), docbook documentation building, backups
(simplifies the database dump, tar of files, writing the iso and recording
for backups especially the -msinfo part of cdrecord which you can pass as a
parameter to the next command record with cdrw) etc with it.  Script stuff
but for us *nix challenged makes life easier :^)

> I'll probably keep
> doing things the way I do it now: if I want a file encrypted,
> manuall do it.  Keeps things in one's head to do it that way.
> Scripting things if a lot like a point-n-drool GUI.  It tends to
> make people forget how to do it without the script :-)

Ok Ok, just FYI here's part of my file will take all the .txt files in a
directory and encode them using a password

<target name="gpg.target">
		 		<exec executable="gpg" os="Linux" errorproperty="none"
inputstring="${the_value}">
			<arg value="--symmetric"/>
			<arg value="--force-mdc"/>
			<arg value="--ignore-mdc-error"/>
			<arg value="--passphrase-fd"/>
			<arg value="0"/>
			<arg value="${gpg.param}"/>
		</exec>
		 	</target>
 How much more clear can it get?
 -- Shawn

Happily using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/