Re: [tlug] advice to consider upgrading to RH9

Since we're all out trolling, I suppose I might as well do
my part, too :-)

A month or so ago I took my Debian system, which was Woody plus
a huge amount of backports from Sid via people.debian.org, plus
KDE's Woody packages of KDE 3.1.2, and just re-did the whole
thing as Debian Unstable.  It was becoming too much of a swamp
of dependency issues courtesy of all those backports from
different sources (clearly a self-inflicted wound; a standard
Debian system is normally free of dependency issues).

That's all cleaned up now, and do you know what?  (Here comes
the troll)?  Despite all of the "Danger, Will Robinson" labels
attached to Debian Unstable, which tell people not to install it
unless they know what they are doing, that you are a beta tester
if you install it, and that things *will* break, I have found it
be be a good bit more stable and reliable than the Mandrake
production releases used by someone I know.

There's something really wrong with that picture.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled trolling :-)

Jonathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9