Re: [tlug] advice to consider upgrading to RH9

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 08:17:51AM -0400, Josh Glover wrote:
> Quoth Botond Botyanszki (Thu 2003-08-07 06:53:49PM +0900):
>

> Red Hat 9 does seem much better than 8.0.
>
> <TROLL>
>
> Of course, Gentoo is better than any Red Hat out there.
>
> </TROLL>

<TROLL>
<sarcasm>
Yep, I never knew gcc could be so fast! I haven't had a chance to
try out any of the other 133t Appz yet (still boot strapping my
box, 3 days and counting) but I know they are going to be so much
better. ;)
</sarcasm>

Course if people used a real OS (if you have to ask...) they would
realize that build from source packaging systems are old hat. It is
a shame really that Gentoo took the package system idea only, and
didn't bother to take any of the design sense.

</TROLL>

you know what the sad part is? It may be a troll, but it is also
true (many of the best trolls are).

--Matt