[tlug] Japanese on Slackware

Hi folks
   I did a lot of work around and have finally got canna and kinput2
 installed on my slackware9.0

 But kterm is not installing and it throws an error in main.o while doing
 make?
 Any help?

 Also I can switch between english and japanese keyboard layouts but can
 type only katakana. But I cant use the keyboard as I use in Windows.
 I am using a japanese key board layout and in windows I usually switch
 using Alt + Kanji Key . So I can just input hiragana or kanji by typing
 in romaji and pressing shift key.

 Any help will be greately appreciated.

 KS