Re: [tlug] Email and Japanese

Well I use Opera but had the same problem.

What I did was to add the following to the script that opera provided to
start it.  (this has the same effect as using #j opera  --but this way I
could use a icon in the gnome window  ie sticking my script in front of the
script for opera in the command window didn't work)

#!/bin/sh
kinput2 -canna &
export XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput2";
export LANGUAGE=en_US.UTF-8;
export LANG=ja_JP;
export LC_ALL=ja_JP;

--
Shawn

Happily using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/