Re: [tlug] Questions about Japanese input

 For the script, a xterm is fine
> In an xterm or kterm type

I don't use the following:
> kinput2 -canna &
>
> (If you've already got kinput2 running as mentioned above, you can skip
> that
> line)

These lines are very similar to and included in the script I mentioned
> export LC_ALL=ja_JP
> export LANG=ja_JP.eucJP
> export XMODIFIERS='@example.com=kinput2'
> -------

> And what about apps that are called from the Gnome or KDE UI, by clicking
> on
> an icon.

right click the icon, hit properties, see where it says "command" -- that
is the path to your program -- just use that with your script

#j /usr/local/netscape/netscape

will start netscape for me with japanese input enabled.

--
Shawn

Happily using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/