Re: [tlug] Questions about Japanese input

On 8/9/03 6:55 PM, "Scott Robbins" <scottro@example.com> wrote:

> http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/jpninpt.html

Another question! On the page above it says:

-----
Last thing--once you do a startx, open a kterm and call this script, if you
want to run an application in Japanese, it has to be called from the same
xterm window. For instance, if you call the script, then, in that window do

echo $LANG

you'll see that it's Japanese. However, if you then open up a second window
and again do echo $LANG you'll see that it's English.
-----

In the kterm window I created - and into which I can use SHIFT-SPACE to
enter Japanese,

echo $LANG

reports

en_US

not Japanese. So I am confused by the necessity of this part too...

doug