Re: [tlug] Questions about Japanese input

On 8/9/03 7:02 PM, "Scott Robbins" <scottro@example.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 05:55:57AM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 06:08:16PM +0900, Doug Lerner wrote:
>>>

>>> (2) It seems you always have to switch out of kinput2 with SHIFT-SPACE to
>>> enter a line return and go to the next line, and then switch back again to
>>> keep on typing. Is that true?
>
> Quick question here--I just did a bit of experimenting--I did find that
> if I use the Enter key on the number pad, I had a problem--however, if I
> use the return key on the main keyboard, I don't have a problem.  Are
> you possibly using the number pad section's enter key, rather than
> return?

Hi. Actually, I tried both when the main keyboard's Enter key didn't work.

> The thought occurs to me, though I'm too lazy to test it, that it might
> even be a terminal issue--that is, maybe it's a kterm issue that would
> go away with mlterm or rxvt.   Hrm, not sure if that makes any sense,
> it's 6:00 AM here and I should be sleeping, but as someone once said,
> "There's no snooze button on a hungry cat."

My system apparently doesn't have either mlterm or rxvt installed. I'll have
to look for them.

But (and maybe this is a stupid question) I expect most of my Japanese input
to be in things like text editors, word processors, email and browsers - not
in a terminal window. Does all this stuff about terminal windows really
matter?

It's 6:00 am there? But this is the Tokyo Linux User's Group. :-)

Thanks,

doug