Re: [tlug] Questions about Japanese input

please see http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/jpninpt.html

> I believe I have
> canna and kinput2 running.

great ! now just get it in a script, see above or search the archives for
how

such as

#!/bin/bash
XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput2" LANGUAGE=en_US LANG=ja_JP.eucJP LC_ALL=ja_JP.eucJP
${1+"$@} &

> (2) It seems you always have to switch out of kinput2 with SHIFT-SPACE to
> enter a line return and go to the next line, and then switch back again
> keep on typing. Is that true?

well not for me.  I am not using vi so can't say but....

 I've got a little script called "j" so all I have to do is

#j evolution
or (preferably)
#j opera

--
Shawn

Happily using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/