Re: [tlug] BBC Radio embedded RealPlayer?

And Thus Spake Tim Hurman <kano-tlug@example.com> (on Tue, 5 Aug 2003
12:05:21 +0100):

> There is also a link on the popup that will open the stream in realplayer.
> For a lot of rpms, the content is auto generated (I wrote the script that
> does it :) and by just replacing .rpm with .ram make the stream open in a
> realplayer window, that usually fixes a lot of things.

Slightly OT but...

Why does the BBC embrace evil proprietary standards from professional
spammers like RealNetworks (http://tinyurl.com/j1h2) rather than something
like Ogg-Vorbis which is an open standard supported by just about every
platform, and not just Linux?

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0)