[tlug] BBC Radio embedded RealPlayer?

My favorite site for archived radio programs is the BBC, but
I'm having problems getting their "BBC Radio Player" (which
embeds RealPlayer) to work correctly on my RH9 Linux boxes.

With either Mozilla 1.2 or Galeon 1.2 (with JavaScript
enabled), it would play fine, but the pause and skip buttons
had no effect.  That used to be acceptable, but I've had a
hectic few weeks and would really like to pause (or at least be
able to skip back to where I was)... so I set out to "fix"
it... and now seem to have broken it completely.

I've upgraded to Mozilla 1.4 and Galeon 1.3.7 and reinstalled
RealPlayer8.  RP8 starts and plays fine (including some of the
BBC live links that don't embed the player), but the "BBC Radio
Player" window is now silent.  I've also tried Opera 6.11 and
7.11 without success.

I presume this is a JavaScript problem, right?  Any hints
appreciated.  Or success stories.  (Does Konqueror fare any
better?)

(For now, I just find the embed
src="http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/rpms/reelblend.rpm"; line in
the HTML source... and start a stand-alone RealPlayer... but
that is a bit of a hassle.)

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/