Re: [tlug] Trying to run it on Gentoo

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:04:05 +0200
David Oftedal <david@example.com> wrote:

> OK... here's what I've done so far:

> previous im-ja and hand-editing the immodules config file in /etc.
You could run `gtk-query-immodules-2.0 >/etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules`,
unless you have modules in other directories also.

> The problem is, when I start im-ja, the keyboard input simply gets
> caught by it and nothing happens. Shift-space doesn't do anything
> either. I can tell SOMETHING's happening, since this doesn't happen
> unless im-ja is activated.
Weird.

Questions:
 gtk version?
 Window manager?
 What is the "status window position" set to?
 What's the application you are running it in?

Also note that kanji conversion is now under hiragana mode. So you should
be assigning Shift-space to "toggle hiragana/raw mode". Wnn and canna mode
are still available to switch directly to. The gconf keys are still there
(/system/im-ja/hotkeys/CANNA_INPUT_MODE_*, WNN_INPUT_MODE_*), but the
configurator doesn't list this option anymore (intended for advanced
users). So the problem might be that you still have shift-space bound to
either of these. Try to unset these keys with the gconf-editor. Or you may
want to delete all your im-ja settings by,
"killall gconfd-2; killall gconfd-2; rm -f $HOME/.gconf/system/im-ja"

Please try compiling with --enable-debug, then run your application in a
terminal and mail me the input.

Maybe we should take this discussion over to im-ja-devel.

HTH.

--
B0Ti.