Re: [tlug] Using Linux for the desktop

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 09:37:14AM -0700, Drew Poulin wrote:

> >>Good product. I finally broke down and bought Crossover Office when I
> >>realized I was not going to be able to give up MS Office, but I really
> >>wanted to stop dual-booting. It runs Word 2000 quite well; it behaves
> >>just about the same as under Windows, except that occasionally the input
> >>devices get locked into some weird mode where you can't type or select
> >>text properly.
>
> It's supposed to support the Asian-language versions of MS Office now.

In any case, Office 2000 is multi-lingual, and I find my US version of
Word 2000 works pretty well for Japanese documents--supports vertical
text and so on. So for gaijin wanting to work with Japanese documents,
an English version might be the best solution.

mgushee@example.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.

                            --Lao Tzu (Peter Merel, trans.)