Re: [tlug] Using Linux for the desktop

Charles Muller wrote:

>>Good product. I finally broke down and bought Crossover Office when I
>>realized I was not going to be able to give up MS Office, but I really
>>wanted to stop dual-booting. It runs Word 2000 quite well; it behaves
>>just about the same as under Windows, except that occasionally the input
>>devices get locked into some weird mode where you can't type or select
>>text properly.

It's supposed to support the Asian-language versions of MS Office now.
 I  bought vers. 2.0.1  yesterday and but am working through some
problems installing MS Office 97 J, which CrossOver apparently now
supports (and judging from some postings from Japanese on the CrossOver
mailing list, it does).  I'll post the outcome here.  It does seem to
support some applications I wouldn't have expected it to support, such
as Stedman's medical dictionary (English only).

Drew Poulin

--
Drew Poulin
TransCom Japan