Re: [tlug] Re: Unicode

Simon wrote:

> But surely combining these two as being "the same" handicaps expression.
> Each character is not just a character but also has meaning and that
> meaning can change depending on context.  I don't know any Chinese or
> Korean but in Japanese there is a word 十字路.  (Maybe it's the same in
> Chinese and Korean which sort of kills my argument but...)

This is an old Chinese term which is used in both Korean and Vietnamese, as
well as Japanese.

Another point for the Unification Team!

Chuck

Charles Muller  <acmuller@example.com>
Faculty of Humanities,  Toyo Gakuen University
Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJKV-English Dictionary [http://www.acmuller.net]
H-Buddhism List Editor [http://www2.h-net.msu.edu/~buddhism/]
Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787