Re: [tlug] mount: /dev/cdrom is not a valid block device

Shawn wrote:

> > On RH8.0 my cdrom stopped functioning with a "mount: /dev/cdrom" is not a
> > valid block device error message.

I also had this problem, and after searching through the RH list archives,
found out that a lot of people using RH 8 and 9. Are running into this. I
got my CD back by changing in fstab:

/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom

/dev/hda              /mnt/cdrom

It seems, from the info you've given, this may not work on your setup, but
it does seem to be a fairly common problem.

Chuck

Charles Muller  <acmuller@example.com>
Faculty of Humanities,  Toyo Gakuen University
Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJKV-English Dictionary [http://www.acmuller.net]
H-Buddhism List Editor [http://www2.h-net.msu.edu/~buddhism/]
Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787