RE: [tlug] Backup to IDE HD instead of Tape

I considered the 200 GB ones as the 250GB were not stocked well.  The compaq
case is pretty cramped so I needed to go for the biggest ones to get 500GB
with Raid 5.  The controller can accomodate up to 8 drives, so if I change
the case I can add some more storage later.  The idea is to be able to pass
off the additional HDs as "replacement/upgrade" so that they do not go into
the Asset register, but are instead booked as "Accesories" into accounts.
So I can buy more of them spread over the year / next year.  I definetly
need a hot and a cold spare, but wait a while for strategic reasons ;-)