Re: [tlug] Transaction processing environments on Linux

Sanjay,

--- Sanjay Chigurupati <Sanjay.Chigurupati@example.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> has anyone come across any transaction procesing environment
> software for linux?

I have used Tuxedo under Linux. It works
just the same as Tuxedo anywhere.... Costs
between US$500 and US$1000 per client,
though :-(

If your requirements are not so serious, you
could do "TP-Lite", i.e. stored procedures (see
the Essential Client Server Survival Guide, by Robert
Orfali, et al). That works fine with Oracle on
Linux or Postgresql.

J2EE is an "object transaction processing monitor".
So you can use something like JBoss or one of the
commercial J2EE servers. But the performance may not
be that great in the end.

You can get very good performance with a
multithreaded CORBA ORB and database connection
pooling. OMG was reporting a customer handling 90,000
queries/second, if I remember correctly. I recommend
TAO or OmniORB and the Oracle/ODBC Template Library.

> Thx,
> Sanjay

Regards,
Jake