Re: [tlug] im-ja v0.6

On 03 Jul 2003 13:04:59 -0500
Stuart Luppescu <s-luppescu@example.com> wrote:

> I really should send this comment to an im-ja users' list, but that
> doesn't exist, does it?
The devel list is enough right now.

> 1) I had trouble building this with freewnn support. I got these
> messages:

> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.2/include/wnn/commonhd.h:54:22:
> wnnerror.h: No such file or directory
This is strange. wnnerror.h should be in the same directory. Your -dev
install seams to be broken.
I've got these headers:

$ dpkg -L libwnn-dev
..
/usr/include/wnn/jllib.h
/usr/include/wnn/jslib.h
/usr/include/wnn/rk_spclval.h
/usr/include/wnn/wnnerror.h
/usr/include/wnn/commonhd.h
/usr/include/wnn/cplib.h
/usr/include/wnn/wnn_config.h
/usr/include/wnn/msg.h
/usr/include/wnn/jlib.h
..

> (I'm running im-ja 0.6 on Gentoo.)
Can you build 0.5 with the official ebuild ?

> I had to put links from /usr/include/wnn/* to
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.2/include/wnn
> I tried messing with --includedir but it didn't help. I don't know if
> there's a better way to do this or what.
You can add a -I to the CFLAGS in src/Makefile.am
I might add an --include-path option for wnn/canna to configure later. But
most people have their includes in a sane palace ;)

> 2) In evolution, I can't get anything to appear until I change input
> modes. And then when I do, it's doubled:
> Do I really need to apply the patch and rebuild evolution?
> (Ugh.)
You only need to rebuild gtkhtml3. That's not a big deal, especially for a
gentoo user.