Re: [tlug] The Archives Password

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 03:55:13PM +0900, Jim O'Connell wrote:

> Isn't it possible to modify the .htaccess file's "AuthName" line to contain a more helpful prompt?

It is possible, but the reason we didn't use plain html to display the
username and password in the first place was to defeat spiders that may
get them. The same spiders may be smart enough to get this info as well.

If you do have other ideas to make this better, please post them here or
on the admin list.

--
A. Sajjad Zaidi
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys D7AD0E13