[tlug] RH9 install probelm: error enabling swap device

I'm getting a rather strange error while trying to do an install of RH9.

Using the installer, after partitioning the drive it goes through and
does a bad blocks check for each of the partitions. That goes well but
after that check for bad blocks I get the following error message on the
screen:

"Error enabling swap device hda3: Invalid argument

This most likely means this swap partition has not been initialized.

Press OK to reboot your system"

On the console the messages are a bit more cryptic:

<6> Journalled Block Device driver loaded
<6> LVM Version 1.0.5+(22/07/2002) module loaded
<6> parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [PCSPP(,...)]
<4> Unable to find swap-space signature

I've tried three times and always the same error comes up.

Can anyone suggest some steps I might take to either pin down where the
problem is coming from or even better how to fix it?

Thanks!

Jean-Christian Imbeault