[tlug] The Archives Password

I went searching the archives for something today, but used the link from http://www.tlug.jp/list.html where there is no mention of the password, so I had to go to the other page and get it - not a big deal for me, since I know that the password is, in fact, available elsewhere.

This got me thinking a bit as to a better solution for this little annoyance -

Isn't it possible to modify the .htaccess file's "AuthName" line to contain a more helpful prompt?

Something like:
	AuthName "Username:  tlug     Password:  archives     in the fields below. (It's for SPAM protection.)"
or just:
	AuthName "User:  tlug     Pass:  archives "

I think all browsers should support displaying that.

(For the truly dense, maybe have the "No Authorization" error page repeat the name and password in a 200pt flashing red font and use javascript to pop up 100 windows saying the same thing.)

That might make it a bit easier to maintain and cut down on the frustration of "What's the password?" posts to the list...

Cheers,
Jim