Re: [real] [tlug] kanji input --- alternatives available?

j> My Japanese wife is complaining that the kanji selections available to
j> choose from (using redhat 8 japanese language support) are too frequently
j> goofy and old fashioned and that proper selections are not available.  Is
j> there a difference in terms of distributions_
j> She likes the Windows package, and I don't wonder if it's not a familiarity
j> thing but she is complaining (mildly) so...
j> Is there a way for one to go about getting a better set of lexical
j> selections?  Is she just being sneaky do you think and trying to force me
j> into letting her boot into windows!?!
j> Using canna server and kinput2 if it makes a difference.

  Did you check Atok for linux? It can be used like a Windows IME.
https://www.justmyshop.com/app/servlet/campaign?id=16&page=2#9000003

  BTW I have used canna both of windows and linux box. It's pretty better for emacian
than IME. Indeed, Canna can not have ability of checking and correcting
misspelling/awkward phrasing. In addition, you needs to convert each word to
kanji word if you get a result which you want. However, it is not hell on native.
In fact it is useful as mixing Kanji and English.

ota