[tlug] Tweaking the kernel

I'm still struggling with a very slow Mandrake 9.1 on an AMD k6-2 CPU
based notebook. I think the root cause is the memory allocated as
secondary cache.

cat /proc/cpuinfo reveals amongst other things a 'cache size :64 KB'
I actually have 512KB, this must have an effect on machine speed!

My problem is I'm not sure how I go about modifying this. Reading
various How-To's and a number of AMD k6 related sites I get a feel I
need to use the 'mtrr' support to make the changes, but I can't find any
documented methods I could experiment with.

Am I barking up the wrong tree? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Dan Lindfield