Re: [tlug] Can't install RH 8 to Seagate Barracuda

patrick.niessen@example.com wrote:

> I don't think this problem is related to the hard disk, but more with the
> controller and the kernel.

I'm not sure which it was but I finally gave, replaced the HD and
everything went fine.

I'm leaning towards the fault being a BIOS/HD setting problem. I used
the formatting utility disk supplied by Seagate and was able to format
and create a single partition but the RH installer couldn't even find
the HD.

Whatever the problem I could not find a solution other than swapping
HD's ...

Thanks for all the advice though!

Jean-Christian Imbeault