Re: [tlug] Can't install RH 8 to Seagate Barracuda

David Bernat wrote:

> Did fdisk put an 8 MB partition on the disk?

Don't think so. During the install I did specify to delete all
partitions, wouldn't that take care of any 'old' partitions?

I tried installing again and creating fewer partitions and now the text
error I get in the virtual console is:

/usr/sbin/badblocks: badblocks range: 0-0

The graphical error message is:

"An error occurred searching for bad blocks on hda3. This problem is
serious, and the install cannot continue".

Maybe the HD really is corrupt?

Jean-Christian Imbeault