Re: [tlug] pdf -> tiff

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 01:27:47PM +0900, Michael Engel wrote:

> I would like to do the other way round. I have a lot of old scanned
> images as pdf files which I would like to transform into tiff files
> (or png or bmp).

Good old Ghostscript can do it for you:

gs -sDEVICE=tifflzw -sOutputFile=outfile.tiff infile.pdf

'gs -h' will list the "Available devices" (i.e. output formats) which
are likely to include BMP/PNG formats too.

Be warned, though, that ghostscript isn't 100% able to read any PDF
file around.

Ciao
 David
--