Re: [tlug] im-ja v0.5

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:39:02 +0200
David Oftedal <david@example.com> wrote:

> I went ahead and tried v0.4 that is included in the Gentoo portage tree,
You should definitely go with 0.5.

> and I have to say it's now better than kinput2 altogether. It seems to
> start automatically in X-chat (even when I specify @example.com=kinput2), but
> mozilla still uses kinput2.

You can use it in mozilla as well. The problem is that they simplified the
right-click popup menu and the input method option doesn't show up. But if
you use galeon2 or mozilla-firebird, this menu works in most places except
on the main gecko (th rendered html) part.
If you start mozilla like this, im-ja will be the default:
`GTK_IM_MODULE="im-ja" mozilla`
Mozilla is still buggy with im-ja, status window is not in place and the
preedit string dosen't update correctly. I guess it's their fault ;)

Other buggy applications include gnome-terminal and evolution. I can't get
to display utf-8 with the former, and evo (1.3) doesn't show the preedit
(with both im-ja and kinput2), just the entered string when composing a
new mail. It looks like the gtkhtml widget still needs some coding:
(evolution:21841): gtkhtml-WARNING **: preedit changed callback: implement
me

Sylpheed2 is in the works, I'm compiling it right now. It's available from
http://www.homa.ne.jp/~ashie/linux/sylpheed-gtk2.html