[tlug] samba and japanese

I'm having problems with Japanese files that are in a mounted NT share.
I have the latest samba (3.0) from debian. The filenames which contain
Japanese characters show up as questionmarks. I guess this means it is
originally utf8. I get syslog warnings from samba failing to open the file
too.

I tried various iocharset, codepage and unicode options in my fstab
without luck.

Debian has various japanized samba packages, but haven't tried these yet.

Any hints?