Re: [tlug] im-ja v0.5

Botond Botyanszki wrote:

> Comments/suggestions are welcome.

Very cool, and I especially like the fact that you included a
handwritten character input method, that's so totally not there in
kinput2. However, I'm curious why you chose Owen Taylor's Kanjipad for
that purpose, if I may ask? I was under the impression that its
recognition abilities are rather limited. I do realise that most
satisfactory solutions aren't free (ATOK, Windows IME etc.), but maybe
you could have a look at Nunome? I think it's GPL like most everything
else AXE does, I suppose they'd be flattered if someone made good use of
it. It's a little difficult to find, but the source is somewhere below
http://www.sikigami.com (you may have to answer their questionnaire
before you can download it), and you can always talk to them, they're a
twenty-minute train ride from where you're located, I believe. Nunome
used to suck majorly in v1.x of Sikigami, but they've embellished it
quite a bit, and there's even a Qt version of it now... Ok, ok, you
probably wouldn't want that one... :)

Cheers
Ulrich Plate