Re: [tlug] OT Cisco Errors...

On Thursday 05 June 2003 05:52, Michael Doughty wrote:

> Transfer speeds over ports like these are of course horrible, and I am
> about to begin the arduous task of cable checking, but I thought I
> would get this out first.

The switch is a Cisco switch isn't it?
If it is, did you try to enable the Store-and-Forward switching mode? This
will increment the latency but it will check the CRC for all the frame. I
think it's a way to try to isolate the problem. If the corruptions stops, it
demostrate that the cables are bad in some point.  Are you sure the cables
are not near a high power AC font or something that can produce interference?

-Pietro-