[tlug] Japanese input

hello,

i keep this old subject line because it seems appropriate ...
i am back with some japanese input discovery - ??? but for me yes ! -

after following the suggestions of this page :

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/jpninpt.html
- thank you very much for these details -

and testing/playing on my KDE french-environment and US-keyboard,
i checked that i can open kmail with japanese input system (shift-space) from
the KDE-bar-command_execute directly, using :

langx kmail

where langx is :
###########
#!/bin/bash
XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput2" LANGUAGE=en_US LC_CTYPE=ja_JP ${1+"$@"} &

i mean :
i don t need to open a special kterm window to specify the language, keyboard
and so on, and then run kmail from that one.
on the webpage, it is mentioned that this script _must_ be run under kterm ...

so, do you have any comment for this ?
i would be interested as i can learn a little more about linux environment
variables and their applications ...

sincerely,

Marc