Re: [tlug] Reclaiming the Public Domain, addendum

On Wednesday, June 4, 2003, at 02:20 PM, Charles Muller wrote:

> The below headline from the Register makes me feel pretty stupid,
(The only stupid thing is to read the Register in the first place. ;-) )

>> Virus News
>>
>>     Lawrence Lessig's birthday spam
>>     "This unsolicited email was published under a Creative Commons
>> License"
>>         http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/56/31018.html
>>

> ...but I must defend myself by mentioning that I do receive mail from
> him
> from time to time from that address...

Not a virus or hoax, but a legitimate plea gone awry.  (From what I
gathered, his address book is just a mess, is all.)
I hope the register article doesn't detract from the petition by adding
confusion as to its legitimacy.
Andrew Orlowski is a tool.

> Sheepishly,
>
> Chuck