open to anyone. There are currently no membership dues or entrance fees.

Date:   Saturday, June 14th, 2003

Place:   Wall Street Associates Japan Boardroom.
 			5/F Yam Building, 11-3, Ginza 7-chome,
 			Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 104-0061, Japan
 			Tel: 	(813) 5537 7211
 			Fax: 	(813) 5537 7213
        	map:  http://www.wsagroupjapan.co.jp/ContactUs/images/WSA-MAP.gif

Time:   13:30-16:30

Topics:  June  meeting will feature:

	Masanori "Smiley" Omote:
	UML (User Mode Linux)

	User Mode Linux is fun: a Linux kernel runs as a normal user process
	and it really works as a virtual Linux machine.  UML can be used as a
	web hosting tool which enables customers to get root privileges.  It
	also works as an experimental environment for safe networking.  It
	provides a test bed to help you to try another distribution safely.

	In this talk I will demonstrate UML on an single subnote (VAIO C1;
	TM5600@example.com + 240MB) and introduce it briefly.

	Ricky Ng-Adam :
	RSYNC

   Need to synchronize large quantities of files? rsync is the tool to do
	it! An explanation of the capabilities of that tool will be given
	followed by demonstrations and example of usage in conjunction with
	shell scripting and other Linux capabilities (such as local loopback
	files for backup).

	rsync is a file transfer program for Unix systems. rsync uses the
	"rsync algorithm" which provides a very fast method for bringing
	remote files into sync. It does this by sending just the differences
	in the files across the link, without requiring that both sets of
	files are present at one of the ends of the link beforehand.

Reminder:  TLUG is a non-profit, self-supported organization. In order
to cover occasional expenses, we hold auctions to raise funds. The
proceeds are saved in the TLUG account and is used for server hardware
maintenance, domain name registration, to rent a meeting space when a
free venue isn't available, etc. Please bring items that you would like
to donate for auction.

After the meeting:

        We will continue chatting over a few beers.

Contact:

        Mauro ......090-2492-0840 (Keitai)

//mauro//