Re: [tlug] A nihongo propose

On Fri, 30 May 2003 20:20:09 +0200
Pietro Zuco <pietro@example.com> wrote:

> I was thinking (sometimes I think :P) about all the japanese people that
> are interested in Linux and Open Source and that can not understand
> english or maybe is hard to them. Maybe a lot of potencial tlugers are
> lost when they read the messages and found that can't understand.
> This is a japanese list, just the T in front of the lug denotes that.
> ..

> What do you think about this?

TLUG is and has been an English list as far as I can remember. There are
hundreds of linux related mailing lists out there in Japanese. Anybody who
doesn't understand English can subscribe to these. I think one of the
possible reasons people subscribe to TLUG is because it is an English
list. Let's not scare these people away (including myself).
Also, TLUG is a technical list and is not for practicing one's Japanese
skills.

I don't oppose your idea because I don't know Japanese (in fact, I get
more emails in Japanese than any other language lately). It's because I
prefer TLUG the way it's always been.

Your idea isn't bad, what I'm saying is that we shouldn't apply this to
TLUG. If you want, create your own list and invite people.