Re: [tlug] A nihongo propose

Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> caveat that you'll probably get more reponses if you post in English).

I know, hence I said "both"

> I don't see any particular reason to have bilingual posts.

For me the T of lug is important and is the reason I'm here. There are a
lot of linux mailing list out there. I'm here just because I love,
Japan, Tokyo and Linux.
Anyway I didn't mean bilingual posts should be mandatory. It's just
voluntary.

> Mostly, it would just be more work for most people (more text to trim out when replying
> to a message).

You are right, but there are some ways to bypass these problems:

1. It's not mandatory, it's just for anyone that has time and that like
the idea. So if someone do not have time, do not know or simply do not
like the idea, it's ok.

2. Could be made some easy rules about this kind of postings. For
example, put the japanese text at the botton or the beginin. Or just
enclosed in some tags like [nihongo] so it would be easy to cut it out
in responses. At be botton of any mail of tlug there is a signature like:

I never saw anybody against this or said this signature generate more
work to post the responses. So I do not see how a simple, voluntary and
courtesy intended translation at the botton could make the life harder
to tlugers.

> I would counterpropose that if anyone really wants something like
> that, Pietro and anyone else interested translate it all themselves
> and make it available as a digest for those who want it.

It's ok, but in that case could be made a parallel list where people
interested send the japanese translations?
I just only wanted to look for some way to give a possibility to those
japanese people that do not understand english and that are interested
in TLUG to participate, and share ideas and help.
Is the " T " that motivated me to propose this.

-Pietro-