Re: [tlug] Novell letter to SCO - "You don't own it anyway"

On Sat, 31 May 2003 17:05, Godwin Stewart wrote:
> Don't you have popups disabled? You should do! If you want to be paranoid
> about browser security you should also refuse cookies and disable
> JavaScript entirely. I'm not that paranoid, but I definitely do have popups
> disabled, which is why I didn't see what you're complaining about. My
> apologies.

I tend to use konqueror as my browser. mozilla takes too long to start, opera
is interesting but some of the things that would make it really nice don't
seem to work as well as they could.
Anyway my point would be that if I tell konq not to do popups then it also
tends to refuse to do frames, because you've told it not to "open other
windows" and it figures frames are other windows.

> Oh, BTW, a "C&C" warning is a "Coffee & Cats" warning, meaning make sure
> you're not anywhere near either when reading this. Coffee is painful when
> you snort it out through the nose and it makes a mess on the keyboard. And
> when you startle the cat which was asleep on your lap when you started
> guffawing, it'll lacerate your clothes and your legs.

Thanks for that. Been a while since I've snorted coffee (out the nose you say?
not in?) and "the cat that lives here" is not the sort to sit on anyone's
lap...

Sam Tilders
sam@example.com

Cogito Ergo Sum - I think, therefore I am.  (Descartes)